1. Who’s the Eagle referring to?
2. About this privacy notice:
4. How to contact us?
5. What personal data we collect and how?
5.1 Personal data you provide to us.
We collect data you provide directly to us.
If you sign up for an Infeagle.com account (“Account”), we will collect data you give us related to your Account, including your name, email address, username and password. We describe this in-depth in Section 5.4 below.
Additional Account data:
You may provide additional data as part of your Account (such as your personal description). This data will be publicly visible to others. If you do not wish to share this information with us or others, do not provide the information as part of your Account.
You may provide us with data when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your Account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, provide us with feedback, participate in promotions, or use other features of the Services.
5.2 Data that indirectly identifies you and automatically collected data.
When you access or use the Services, we collect data that indirectly identifies you and we automatically collect other data about you, including:
We automatically receive and record information from your device or web browser when you interact with the Services. For example, we collect your internet protocol (IP) address, mobile device ID, time zone setting, language preference, operating system, platform, internet service provider (ISP), and links you have clicked on or shared with others, including through email and social media. If you sign up for an Account, we also create a user ID that indirectly identifies you. We use this information to collect data about your activities through the Services. We associate information that indirectly identifies you with your Account (if you have one) and other information we have collected about you.
We also may use these technologies to collect data about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioural tracking).
The information we collect automatically may include personal data, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
5.3 Location data:
We use your IP address to infer your approximate location. We may also collect the language option or country you choose. When we provide certain services, such as providing you with a version of our Services that is localized to your country, we link location data to other information we have collected about you in order to do so.
5.4 Profile data:
If you sign up for an Account, we will collect certain data you give us as part of your Account sign-up as described above, the information you give us in connection with purchases or orders made by you, and your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses. Your interests and preferences are inferred from data we collect regarding what types of content you have interacted with, how long you interacted with them, how often you interacted with them, and the nature of your interaction with the content. We do not disclose email addresses to other users except where it is necessary to comply with the law, to protect our rights, or to protect the rights of our users.
5.5 Special category data:
When we conduct research or carry out surveys and you participate in our research or surveys, we may collect sensitive personal data about you, for example, information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life or sexual orientation. We will get your explicit consent for our collection, use, or sharing of this data as required by law.
6. Aggregated data:
We analyse and aggregate personal data we collect, such as the number and frequency of your visits to the Services, to produce anonymized metrics and statistical information that does not identify you as an individual.
7. Public posts:
You also may provide information (such as comments, likes, bookmarks, friends, lists, etc.) to be published or displayed or posted (hereinafter, “posted”) on publicly accessible areas of our Services, or transmitted to other users of our Services or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that we cannot control the actions of other users of our Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Infeagle is entitled to remove or delete a public post at its discretion (when we feel the post is inappropriate). We do not take responsibility of any kind for the content posted by our users.
8. This is how we collect your personal data:
You may give us your personal data directly, for example when you create an Account, fund us by donation, support us by paying for a subscription, buy products or services, subscribe to our newsletters, opt-in to marketing communications, publish posts or comments, enter a competition, participate in a promotion or survey, ask for user support, or contact us for any reason.
Third parties who provide advertising and related services (such as analytics providers and ad networks) may give us your personal data so that we can compare it to personal data we hold in order to determine if you are the same individual (this is sometimes called “cookie-matching”). We may collect data from unaffiliated third parties so we can better understand you and provide you with information and offers that may be of interest to you. For example, we may receive information about your interests or preferences as well as contact information, such as email address.
We may receive your personal data from third parties when you buy things through our Services or when you buy things from a third party after clicking on an affiliate link in our content. This information may include your contact details and financial and transaction data (such as items purchased and purchase price) from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
If you access our Services using your Facebook or Google credentials, we will automatically collect certain information, such as your Facebook or Google user ID. We will use any information collected from Facebook or Google, including the user ID Facebook or Google attribute to you, only in accordance with Facebook’s or Google’s policies and your preferences selected through Facebook or Google.
9. This is what we use your data for:
We use the data we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our Services. We also use the data we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions and customer service requests.
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by Infeagle and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you.
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests. Your interests and preferences are inferred from data we collect regarding what types of content you have interacted with, how long you interacted with them, how often you interacted with them, and the nature of your interaction with the content.
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards.
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services and personalize and improve the Services.
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Infeagle and others.
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the data was collected.
10. Marketing choices:
When you sign up for a promotion like a sweepstakes, or subscribe to or create an Account to use our Services, we use your personal data to help us decide which products, services and offers may be of interest to you. We will send marketing messages to you if you have asked us to send you information, bought goods or services from us, or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion. If you opt out of receiving marketing messages, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your Account or our ongoing business relations. We will ask for your consent before we share your personal data with any third party for direct marketing purposes.
You may unsubscribe from marketing messages through a link we include on messages we send you. You can also ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
11. Sharing your personal data:
We share your personal data within Infeagle’s legal entities where necessary to fulfil a contract or pre-contractual measures, or where we have a legitimate interest in doing so or a legal obligation to do so.
With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who process your data on our behalf when they provide services to us, for example, data analytics, ad networks, research, marketing and financial services.
With third parties who use it for their own purposes if you have provided consent.
In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
We may be legally required to disclose or share your personal data without your consent in some circumstances, for example, to comply with a court order or law enforcement. In such circumstances, we will only disclose your personal data if we have a good-faith belief that such sharing is required under applicable legal obligations.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified information with our ad partners and service providers so that we, and they, can understand how people use our Services; this helps us grow our business and improve and develop our products and services. We may also share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
12. Retaining your personal data:
- We keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was collected.
- When we decide how long we will keep your information we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, why we need it, and any relevant legal requirements (such as legal retention and destruction periods).
- We may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes.
13. Third-Party Sites:
- The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. We also use the analytics tools provided by the social media platforms to help us to understand how people interact with our social media presence, to identify trends and to carry out joint promotional activities with those platforms. For example, sometimes we agree with a social media platform that we will jointly promote certain content.
We also use the analytics tools provided by the social media platforms to help us to understand how people interact with our social media presence, to identify trends and to carry out joint promotional activities with those platforms. For example, sometimes we agree with a social media platform that we will jointly promote certain content.
We receive from the platform aggregated statistical information about the performance of our posts and promoted content, such as numbers of views and kinds of viewers. This data is aggregated and anonymized by the platform prior to being made available to us.
We also use the paid advertising and paid content tools provided by the social media platforms to help us carry out advertising campaigns for our ad partners and to promote our content on the social media platforms. For example, we use the “Promoted Pins” tool on Pinterest to promote editorial or paid content to visitors to Pinterest. Again, we receive from the social media platforms only aggregated statistical information about interactions with our ads and paid content, such as number of views, number of times shared and so on.
We process information provided to us by the social media platforms on the basis of our legitimate interest in interacting with our audience on social media and using social media to promote our content.
For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features or your use of the social media platforms, please visit the privacy policies of the respective entities at the following links:
- Facebook and Instagram – https://en-gb.facebook.com/policy.php
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- YouTube – https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Snapchat – https://www.snap.com/en-US/privacy/privacy-center/
- Twitch – https://www.twitch.tv/p/legal/privacy-policy/
- TikTok – https://www.tiktok.com/en/privacy-policy
- Pinterest- https://policy.pinterest.com/en/privacy-policy
- Tumblr – https://www.tumblr.com/privacy
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- LINE – https://terms.line.me/line_rules
- Cookies and similar technologies allow us to collect the following types of personal data: a unique ID assigned to your device; IP address; device and browser type; operating system; referring URLs; content viewed or other actions taken through our Services; time and date of those actions; country and language selected.
- Browsers and devices have tools that allow you to disable cookies on sites and apps. If you disable cookies you may not be able to access all the features of our services. We suggest that you keep our essential cookies (described below) active for a better user experience and to help us keep improving and developing our products and services.
Our Services use our own cookies to recognize you and remember you as a unique user.
Session cookies remember you during your session on our Services. They are deleted when you log out of the Services and when you close your web browser. Session cookies are used to ensure you are served content correctly, to balance and monitor the load on our servers, and for other technical matters essential to the operation of our Services. You can configure your device to reject these cookies, but our Services will probably not work correctly, or at all, if you do.
Consent cookies are used by our consent management platform we employ to record your preferences about third-party cookies described below, and to store and share your preference with those third parties. These cookies are essential for compliance with the legal obligations imposed on us and on third parties with whom we have a business relationship to ensure we request your consent, record your consent preferences, and act on such consent preferences.
Analytics cookies are used by us and by third parties who process data for us for data analytics purposes (for example Google Analytics) so that we can manage and improve the performance and design of our Services and for monitoring, auditing, research and reporting.
We have activated Google’s IP anonymisation function on our Sites. This will cause your IP address to be cut by Google within Member States of the European Union or in other countries party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area before being transmitted to the USA. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On our behalf, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the Sites, to compile reports on Site activity and to provide us with other services relating to website and internet use. The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics is not merged with other Google data.
Third-party cookies: advertising and affiliate links:
Our ad partners and our affiliate links partners collect personal data from you for the purposes they disclose through our cookie consent management platform.
- Ad partners include ad networks such as third-party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms.
- Affiliate links partners pay us when you buy things from them or another third party after clicking on an affiliate link in our content.
15. Affiliate Disclosure
While creating content, our writers sometimes include links to relevant products that readers could use and benefit from.
By ‘links,’ we are referring to the “Buy Now” or “Buy here” or “Buy it here” or “Shop Now” links that you see below/beside product descriptions on our website.
These products are chosen independently, after careful research and review. Any product that you purchase on Amazon within 24 hours of clicking on a link on our website will earn Infeagle a small commission, at no extra cost to you.
This is because Infeagle is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com or Amazon.in.
Note: Infeagle does not take responsibility for timely delivery and/or proper packaging of any purchase you make through a link on our website. If you face problems or have any concerns about specific products that you ordered through a link on this website, please direct them to the vendor from whom the item was purchased.