Finally, the sun went down in the hood and we all can take a stroll outside in cool breezy air as monsoon sets in. This doesn’t mean life is any easier for our skin.
Our skin still tends to get dull and irritated as tiny drops of rain splash across the face. People with oily skin are the biggest sufferer of this season as it becomes almost impossible to keep pimples and acne at bay.
But fear not for we have some tips to make your life just a little bit easier.
1. Follow the CTM (cleansing, toning, and moisturizing) routine religiously:
Many people tend to stop using a moisturizer thinking that it will lead to more pimples but that is a complete myth. Even though the weather may look humid, but your skin still needs its daily dose of supplements.
2. Don’t forget your sunscreen:
It may not be sunny outside, but the powerful and dangerous UV A/B rays can still penetrate the skin layer and cause irreversible damage.
If wearing sunscreen makes your skin oily, you can always opt for a non-comedogenic screen that won’t clog your pores and would make it look oil-free.
3. Use warm water instead of cold:
Monsoon season has a way to make the skin feel oilier and cause breakouts. Using warm water for skin routinely can keep the oil formation at a minimum by dissolving the oil accumulated and make the skin feel healthy and gorgeous.
4. Use mud packs:
Mud packs help in absorbing all the excess oil and makes it feel light. It also minimizes the skin pores and improves elasticity. It also keeps skin hydrated and doesn’t let it dry too much.
5. Keep makeup at bay:
Monsoon is a season for going all-natural and makeup-free. Makeup tends to clog the pores and cause breakouts.
Try reducing the use of commercial makeup products and even if you do, remove the makeup properly before going to bed and use a night cream as nights are the time for skin to repair itself.
Home-made face packs for Monsoon season:
1. Mix besan, turmeric, lemon and rose water to get a thick paste. Apply it on your skin and leave it for 20-25 mins. Wash it with warm water and get a natural healthy glow on your skin. This can be used every alternative day.
2. Mix fuller’s earth (Multani Mitti) and rose water to get a smooth paste and apply it on your skin for 15-20 mins and wash it with cool water. This acts as a natural mud pack for skin and can be used every day.
Enjoy Monsoon Season to its fullest with healthy and glowing skin!